Monday, October 13, 2008

Accessibility for All

Mr. Sullivan's Accessibility for All presentation was very interesting and informative. I never knew so many different, useful resources were available to the deaf and blind. It was amazing to see how these things worked first hand. I never knew there were computers made for the blind or programs that read everything on the computer out loud. These resources are important to me as a teacher, because I will have use them to accommodate blind students in my classroom. I'm so glad Mr. Sullivan presented to us, because I learned many interesting things that will help me in the future. Also, I am visiting the Institute for the Deaf and Blind in November for my SPE 400 course, and now I will have a little better understanding of what it is like for them to use computers and learn.

No comments: